November 3, 2015
So you have decided to switch CPAs for this upcoming tax season. Well here are a couple of do’s and don’ts:
- Don’t wait until tax season to make the switch. The 4th quarter is a great time to interview CPAs before it is CRUNCH TIME!
- Ask friends and family members for a referral.
- Interview at least two CPAs if possible.
- If you have assets related to your tax return provide the CPA a copy of your return so she/he can input the assets and be prepared for a smooth transition.
- Make sure the CPA is responsive to your calls and emails.
- Make sure to know the fee structure. Don’t walk away from the meeting without understanding the fee.
Should you have any questions or concerns please visit my website at www.timquinncpa.com or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.